Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What is This?

I found this in a thrift store the other day. I would like to know exactly what it is and how to use it properly. It seems to be some kind of cooking device near as I can figure.
Looking down at the top of it
The lid comes off to reveal a basin with a chimney coming through it
The basin can be removed to show this section( I'm thinking its a grate to hold coals)
All the components laid out

If anyone can enlighten me as to what this is and how to use it, I would be so grateful.

Thank you,


I'm joining Cindys Show and Tell Friday

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a mini-heater. Have you ever seen the ones that you put outdoors? Only this is mini sized. You got me!! I haven't a clue.

    Here is my Show n Tell if you'd like to join me today... Have a super weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me stumped...if you find out, please post the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a Mongolian Fire Pot. We have had one for 30 years and we have loved it but haven't used it years as we have been living in South America. You need to use an asbestos pad underneath it to protect your table-counter, when you have the BBQ brickets underneath it to heat it up. You make a soup broth to put in the bottom and then cook your meat, vegetables, etc in the broth and eat them and finally put noodles in the broth and eat it as a soup. Everything is consumed. Great idea to use for a party. Look on the web for information. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Alma for the information. I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment,I love to hear what you think of my post.